Are you up to the challege of being one of Detroit's next leaders?
Apply for Challenge Detroit - Applications are due March 16
Challenge Detroit, an initiative of The Collaborative Group, is a national initiative focused on revitalizing Detroit by attracting innovative leaders to bring their intellectual capital and talents to the City. Participants will have the opportunity to work with and learn from top companies and non-profits in and around Detroit while helping to make a difference in the region.
Challenge Detroit will select 30 innovative leaders from throughout the United States to live, work, play and give in Detroit for one year. Participants will:
- Participate in monthly team challenges, in partnership with area non-profits, designed to positively impact the city and region;
- Live in Detroit, supported by a $500/month housing stipend;
- Receive a $30,000 salary to work at one of the top companies in the region; and
- Experience the city through organized social and cultural events.
Each participant will work at one of 30 Challenge Detroit host companies, which include ePrize, Quicken Loans, Marketing Associates and Strategic Staffing Solutions. Each company will employ one Challenge Detroit participant in an interesting and relevant job for one year. From marketing to healthcare, and IT to engineering, Challenge Detroit has a job for every background.
Participants will work with non-profits, including Tech Town, The Detroit Regional News Hub, and the United Way for Southeastern Michigan on initiatives such as developing opportunities for social entrepreneurship; addressing urban issues pertaining to regional planning; transportation and education; and distributing food to those in need.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or be enrolled at an accredited institution and actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree on at least a part-time enrollment basis with expected graduation by the time Challenge Detroit launches in August 2011.
- Must be a legal U.S. resident.
- Each applicant must complete and submit an application form to be eligible to participate in the interview process.
- Passionate, hard-working and inventive.
Challenge Detroit is accepting applications through March 16, 2012 and the year in Detroit will begin in August 2012. Those interested in participating, should visit www.ChallengeDetroit.org for more information and to begin the application process.